A clean office affects the health of everyone who works in it. When you spend an enormous amount of time somewhere, it can impact your well-being by way of your body’s exposure to germs, viruses, and other hazards. Everyone who works or visits your office space can feel at ease if the place they do business is neat and sanitary.
Because a clean workspace has such profound repercussions for so many people, ensuring both the tidiness and sanitation of your work space is a huge responsibility. It’s great to use professionals like eMaids to keep your offices clean and ready for business! When you can’t choose the cleaning pro, consider these dos and don’ts of office cleaning to implement the best practices for a healthy work environment.
- Keep your office space organized. This includes all employee desks, break rooms, and conference rooms. Good organization and freedom from clutter can help keep your work environment healthy. Decluttering desks and other common areas deprives dust and germs of a place to hide, reducing health issues and allergy problems.
- Discourage eating at desks and other areas where food doesn’t belong. It can be tempting to grab a snack while you’re working, or bring that last piece of pizza back to your desk. Food can leave stains and odors, however, and even tiny crumbs attract pests. It’s best that everyone eats only in designated areas, where cleaning and sanitizing with food in mind already takes place.
- Dust your office space. Even with excellent, filtered airflow through your heating and cooling systems, dust still manages to sneak in. Be sure to wipe down all surfaces, including employee desks, conference rooms, and even the tops of vending machines to remove dust.
- Clear dust and other debris out of electronics. Office keyboards can collect a surprising amount of dust, hair, and crumbs. Follow your equipment’s recommended method for cleaning, and do so at least once a week.
- Wipe down common touch points such as doorknobs and light switches. Germs linger where people tend to touch. Wipe down common touch points, including light switches, vending machine buttons, and door handles, to prevent the spread of dirt and germs.
- Thoroughly clean all common areas, including bathrooms. Common areas tend to collect germs, dirt, and other hazards. Be thorough when cleaning common areas, and use cleaning products that allow you to sanitize as well.
- Empty out trash bins. It’s vital that you empty out the office trash bins daily. This helps to prevent lingering odors and germs.
- Allow files and other work to pile up on desks. Enact a good filing system and other organizational measures to keep clutter to a minimum.
- Use the right cleaning products for each task. Different cleaning products have different strengths. Furthermore, some cleaning products can damage your delicate surfaces. Ensure you’re using the correct product for every job.
- Ignore furniture and appliances. Cleaning needs to include chairs, coffee machines, dishwashers, vending machines, and the office microwave.
- Forget to clean the toilets. Your bathroom may sparkle, but it isn’t truly clean until you’ve scrubbed and sanitized the toilets and sinks.
- Neglect to sanitize desks and conference tables. All surfaces need to be sanitized to help prevent the spread of germs.
Cleaning an office space is a lot of hard work. Leaving it to the professionals means your office space will be clean and sanitary for anyone’s use. Every eMaids cleaning crew has training specific to making your workspace the healthiest it can be. Book your office cleaning services online today!