Last year we learned that the best way to guarantee employees' and customers' safety is by following prevention protocols. Most of your office chores remain the same, but you need to pay more attention to daily disinfection. Update your routine with this “new normal” office cleaning checklist we give you here.
These are the chores that you need to perform daily (or even more frequently). You need to sanitize and disinfect even if there is no visible dirt and always use approved disinfectants to ensure your staff’s safety. Although some of the following chores might seem nonessential, you will prevent diseases from spreading by following these disinfection protocols in your workspace.
- Clean and disinfect all frequently-touched surfaces and objects like desks, chairs, computer keyboards, door handles, light switches, etc.
- Disinfect frequently-used electronics and office equipment like printers and screens, follow manufacturer's instructions to prevent damage.
- Dust or vacuum the furniture and other porous surfaces like drapes, then disinfect with the proper product.
- Change all garbage bin bags and dispose of waste in all areas.
- Sweep or vacuum the floors, then mop with a disinfectant product.
- Clean all window interiors with the right products.
- Clean and disinfect the sink and faucets in the bathroom, lunchroom, and other areas.
- Clean and disinfect kitchen appliances of common use as the microwave and fridge.
- Clean and sanitize toilet surfaces, seats, and lids. Use a product that sanitizes to keep the toilet bowl interior disinfected.
- Clean all mirrors in bathrooms.
- Replenish paper rolls, towels, and soap dispensers.
- Replenish hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes used in the workplace.
Periodic cleaning tasks may seem unnecessary since your office can run without doing them every day. If your office staff handles the cleaning, these occasional chores will likely be overdue. However, if you set them aside, they can become health hazards and affect your office's image and your employees' morale.
- Clean the ceilings and hard-to-reach light fixtures.
- Clean the outside of the windows.
- Clean air vents and ducts.
- Wash or dry-clean all fabric window covers and clean window blinds.
- Deep-clean your office furniture.
- Deep-clean carpets and rugs, especially in high traffic areas.
Deep cleaning duties and other less frequent chores need the right equipment and may differ for each business. Professional services can come in handy to prevent you from spending on specialized cleaning products and tools.
Safe practices to promote in the workplace
Besides keeping your office clean, it is essential to reinforce these safe practices in your workplace to prevent COVID-19 and other diseases from spreading.
- Promote teleworking whenever possible.
- Promote good respiratory hygiene with face masks and cough etiquette.
- Promote regular handwashing and disinfection, installing accessible hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Promote safe distance between workers and visitors.
- Stay informed and always follow recommendations.
Following preventive sanitation, protocols might be challenging. Commercial cleaning services help ensure the safety of your workers and other people in the office. eMaids of Overland Park are a team of professionals with exceptional experience in office cleaning. Let us help you accomplish your complete list of office chores! Get your quote on our website now.